Exceptional High-end retirement living and care homes developer (Construction arm of sister company), delivering innovative solutions for later living lifestyles. Experienced team of over 45 professionals with over 1,000 years’ experience of property development & construction.
Care homes provider established in 1997 and is growing every year with an annual turnover of over £70m. With annual profits of over £12.4m this family run business has built up a reputation over the years for constantly investing into the build and design of new care homes across the country.
Requirement for an experienced Project or Intermediate Quantity Surveyor to work alongside a fantastic Senior QS. New build care home projects from £10-50m GDV. Looking after 2x projects across Kent/ Essex.
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials and/ or sub-contract trade packages needed for the project.
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation.
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly.
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project.
- Measure and value the work done on site.
- Pay subcontractors, suppliers and consultants.
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers.
- Select and/or source construction materials & write reports.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Main Contracting/Residential Developer Ideally or Care Home Construction
- Either undergraduate degree accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) in quantity surveying,
- Commercial management or a related construction subject or a postgraduate conversion course (usually a Pg Dip or a masters) accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Strong ability to negotiate, Strong Numeracy, good working knowledge of MS Excel/ Word and the ability to learn how to use specialist software, Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills, The ability to work in a team, methodical work approach, attention to detail.
PLEASE APPLY ASAP TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT - START IMMEDIATE FOR RIGHT APPLICANT...