Senior MEP Project Manager/Lead, Milan, Italy - DATA CENTRE
Our client is a multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe operating primarily within the pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission sectors.The need now exists for an Senior MEP Project Manager/Lead to join the team working on a Data Centre scheme in Milan, Italy
As an Senior MEP Project Manager/Lead you will be responsible for the engineering activities on a site. In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project including:
- Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved
- Compile and issue electrical technical submittals
- Manage submittals through the approvals process, track procurement and delivery of electrical equipment and complete the receipt verification process once the equipment is delivered.
- Attend & record regular supply chain meetings to ensure that progress is monitored & maintained within the overall construction programme
- Update and record progress on system trackers which are fully aligned with the construction schedule
- Review the electrical installation with the BIM team to ensure the design is constructible and that there is adequate space for installation and maintenance of all equipment and cabling.
- Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure correct operation of the plant on site & successful handover
- Complete electrical system walk-downs to ensure systems are compliant with specifications
- Compile test pack, FTOP’s and O&Ms and present for approval
- Manage specialist vendors during the commissioning process to ensure timely completion of their works
- Undertake client training in line with agreed training plan.
Desired experience / Skills
- 3rd level Qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering/M&E/Building Services Engineering.
- Experience with both LV and MV systems primarily in building services and data centre environments.
- Significant Project engineering experience of 4 years+ with an MEP subontractor or contractor
- Previous record of delivering small to medium MEP projects (Commercial, Industrial, pharma, data centre type projects)
- Capability of walking down electrical systems to ensure compliance with specification
- Experience developing technical submittals, completing technical reviews and assessments.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures – knowledge of the team, their strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving contractor will full work book secured for the next 5+ years offering genuine career progression opportunities and exposure to leading edge engineering projects.