Project Controls Lead- Data Centre, Sweden
Our client is an established engineering & construction main contractor undertaking a number of new build data centre schemes across Northern Europe (primarily Scandinavia). This organisation undertakes a full ‘turnkey’ service and they are constructing these data centres from the initial groundworks stage right the way through to the M&E installation, fit out and handover.
Our client is now seeking an experienced Project Controls Lead for a new build, €350m+ Data Centre scheme in Sweden
Our client would prefer a Project Controls Lead with experience of data centre build projects or similar technical projects with a high level of process such a pharmaceutical or heavy industrial manufacturing. Applicants should be from a main contracting background.
Duties & Responsibilities will include;
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with the Client
- Establishing project objectives in line program ensuring goals & timelines are achieved
- Execution of projects via an established Quality and Management system
- Responsible for development and management of project schedules and project controls tools
- Identification of project milestones, monitor & report on same
- Critical Path development & analysis
- Being proficient in MS Project and Primavera Scheduling tools
- The Project Controls Lead will Liaise with project management team with regular schedule performance status reports
- Provide valued input to Constructability Reviews
- Establish project schedule resource requirements
- Develop and Communicate tools for the target completion of project goals.
- Provides performance updates / reports views for identification of variances and corrective action.
- Use WBS to divide project’s into Discipline’s/Area’s/Floor’s etc. as required
- Project Progress Reporting using Earned Value, S Curve’s, Histograms and Commodity Curves.
- Cost Loading of primavera schedule’s
- Subcontractor Progress Monitoring
- Labour Productivity Measure & Reporting using S/E analysis
- As a Project Controls Lead, you will represent the company in progress and planning meetings
- Manage Project Handover’s utilising System/TOP handover’s
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following experience;
- 3rd level qualifications in construction/engineering or quantity surveying
- 6+ years’ previous experience in a similar construction role working for established contractors working on projects in-excess of €50 million
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Primavera, Microsoft Project, Asta Power Project and in particular MS Excel are essential
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to work well in a pressurised team environment is crucial
- Good time management essential
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be proactive and flexible
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team or on own initiative
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level of quality
- Enthusiastic and Hardworking
- Possess the ability to analyse and convert BOQ’s into a progress measuring format suitable for the project.
- Possess a good understanding of labour man hour’s and weightings
In return our client can offer a highly competitive package including; €high basic salary, €overseas uplift, tax free) allowance, rotational shift, All flights to and from site, Return Flights for visiting families, Individual apartments, Food subsistence allowance, Bonus system, Car / Travel + additional
Please apply with an up to date CV and we will contact you by return to discuss further