MEP Lead / MEP Senior Project Manager – Belgium
Our client is an established engineering & construction main contractor undertaking technology, pharmaceutical and data centre projects across Ireland and throughout Europe. This growing main contractor offers a full ‘turnkey’ construction service delivering schemes from groundworks stage, CSA works, through M&E installation, fit out, commissioning to client handover
The need now exists for experienced MEP Lead to head up the M&E works on a new build data centre scheme in Belgium
The MEP Lead, ideally with electrical bias, working alongside the Project Director, will lead a team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers ensuring project is delivered within programme and budget
- Lead a team of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
- Propose suitable changes to design to improve cost efficiency, ease construction programme, and to enhance specification and quality completion
- Display commercial awareness to drive the project priorities
- Monitor construction, regarding quality of workmanship and materials used
- Coordinate and liaise with contracts manager, site engineers and other discipline leads to ensure that all subcontractors and site personnel have timely and accurate information and deliver the work on time and on budget.
- Check and ensure understanding of drawings and specifications. Ensure that any errors/omissions are formally communicated to the design team in a timely manner
- Establish project resource requirements and lead/motivate the project team
- Oversee highest quality of health and safety, including LOTO (lock out tag out), SPA (safe plan of action) and high-risk activities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience;
- Strong M&E experience, preferably electrically biased with mechanical awareness knowledge.
- Education in Engineering, Construction, or related area.
- Previous experience managing M&E scope of work on a DC build project
- Experience in scheduling, programming, and sequencing
- Experience in effectively leading MEP teams is essential
- Experience in the delivery of large-scale MEP projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill
In return our client is offering a highly-competitive package including basic salary, fully expensed individual accommodation, daily allowances, bonus, healthcare, pension, negotiable rotational system and more
Please apply now with an up-to-date CV for more details