Mechanical Project Engineer - West London - Data Centre
We're looking for an experienced mechanical project engineer who has worked in data centres.
A permanent position is available with a sizable body of work for the next few years.
to advance your career by supporting the completion of cutting-edge engineering projects.
to collaborate with a dynamic, flexible, and multi-functional team to produce projects on schedule, safely, under budget, and with the necessary level of quality.
You will be in charge of the engineering tasks on a particular construction project in your capacity as a mechanical engineer. The project's activities will vary and will be regularly decided upon with the project manager. In order to ensure that the company vision, mission, and values are upheld, you will coordinate the technical design with the onsite installation and successful commissioning.
- Gather all design blueprints and papers.
- Attend handover meetings for projects.
- Analyze prospects for cost reduction or value engineering.
- coordination of all installation-related drawings, including those for the installation's mechanical, electrical, sprinkler, structural, and architectural components
- Examine and comprehend the project design specifications and drawings, and check that coordinated drawings and technical submittals are in conformity.
- helping to create weekly progress reports
- aid in the gathering and evaluation of technical submissions.
- creating purchase orders and processing requests.
- Arrival of items and equipment is verified upon receipt (RV).
- Use the request for information (RFI) method to try and get your questions answered by the design team.
- Recognize the basic business aspects of a project, such as profit projections, potential variation logs and take offs, etc.
- Discuss technical and business-related concerns with members of the design team, contractors, and the internal project team.
- Participate in technical meetings with the project team, contractors, and designers.
- Utilize File Key to control documents, record information, and communicate it.
- For production activities, create method statements and risk evaluations.
- Organize and evaluate the subcontractors' work.
- Execute quality control procedures, such as inspections and snags, which include going over P&IDs and layout drawings.
- creating test packs and monitoring them
Key requirements :
- 3rd-level certification in mechanical or building services engineering, senior trades certification, or an equivalent
- 4 years or more of significant project engineering experience working for a mechanical contractor
- Experience in completing modest to medium-sized mechanical projects (Commercial, Industrial, pharma, data centre type projects)
- Commercial Sensitivity
- the capacity to inspect mechanical systems up close to confirm that they conform to specifications
- knowledge of creating technical submittals, finishing technical reviews, and doing technical assessments.
- Knowing the team's strengths and weaknesses as well as the processes and procedures for health, safety, and the environment.
- the capacity to manage numerous priorities while multitasking
- Outstanding communicator with good interpersonal skills and the ability to make an effect
- Excellent organisational and record-keeping abilities
- leads and has an impact on others.
- demonstrates innovation and leadership in mechanical and technical endeavours.
- Plans and handles projects well.
- analyses issues and takes decisive action
- focuses on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes and is process-driven.
- Junior engineers and recent grads are mentored and coached