Our client is an expanding international M&E consultancy who now seek an Electrical Engineer to be based at their London office with the ability to inspire others. The desired candidate will have the ability to run small projects, undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
The candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships of our sector portfolio. The candidate will have experience working on data centre projects in a design engineering capacity.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with ambitions of working toward becoming a Chartered Engineer and with a minimum of two years industry experience.
- Responsible for the running of small projects. Researches, develops, designs and assumes responsibility for coordination and monitoring of engineering project services for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Preparation of specification modifications (word or excel)
- Ensure engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Responsible for validation of Intermediate & Graduate Engineer input into designs
- Acts in an Ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guideline
You will need to possess the following professional and technical expertise:
- HND or degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Working towards or have achieved MCIBSE/MIEE or equivalent
- Working towards Chartered Eng status
- Experience of specification design/drawing for at least one building type
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office apple excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Managerial Skills
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
If this position is of interest and you meet the criteria, please apply below.