Our client who are specialist engineering consultancy are seeking an experienced Associate engineer to be based in their London office with the ability to inspire others. The candidate will currently be undertaking a lead role in detailed design and management with skills and experience in mission critical and data centre projects. The candidate will have a proven track record in project management delivery for large projects.
The desired person will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, a wealth of experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships and business development of our sector portfolio.
The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in consultancy and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years’ industry experience.
- Responsible for running of Major projects. Takes Team Management role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for mechanical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc. (majority of building types)
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of fee bids
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Ensure engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with, and provides advice to client
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services
- BEng in appropriate engineering discipline or have sufficient equivalent experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered Eng status
- Significant experience of specification design for a range of building types
- Sound knowledge & working application of key health and safety issues and legislation
- Appreciation & working knowledge of contract & business law
- Knowledge of MS office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use it based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of bs standards/ UK regulations/codes
- Experience and understanding of invoicing and credit control
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Leadership & mentoring skills
- Presentation skills
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
- Board Directors, Project Managers, Non-technical / administrative colleagues
- Collaborating globally with peers and counterparts
- Developing long-term business relationships with colleagues
Please apply with a word format CV.