Senior Quantity Surveyor and Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
- Central London – Freelance – Circa £ 375 per day
Large construction company, main contractor, Building & Civil Engineering outfit with operations throughout Europe & the UK.
Commercial Fit Out Project
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend hand over meetings and liaise with the estimator to understand how the project was priced.
- Monitor and report on agreed project budgets and highlight any major changes.
- Preparation of the valuations in line with the contractual requirements.
- Monitor progress on site and inform the client of any delays in line with the contractual requirements.
- Administer all the commercial aspects of the various site-specific contracts.
- Liaise with the client, consultants, site, and office-based staff.
- Carry out contract reviews to establish contractual and or financial risk.
- Prepare Interim and Final Accounts includes negotiation and settlement.
- Ensure that payments are received in line with the contract.
- Procure subcontractors in line with the company’s procedures, make sure that only approved subcontractors are used, ensure that all subcontractor insurances/ certificates are received and kept up to date.
- Ensure that all subcontractor payments are processed in a timely manner in line with the subcontract orders/payment terms.
- Support and liaise with other departments within the company; sub- contractors employed by the company; the client and members of the professional team.
- Managing site buying and plant hire.
- Assist the estimating team when necessary.
Skills & Experience Required
• Minimum 5 years’ experience
• BSc Quantity Surveying or similar qualification
• Should hold or, be working towards a professional qualification
Please reply with a WORD Formatted CV.