Senior Project Managers – (Consultancy) – Portugal – Data Centres
Senior/Associate level project managers needed with hyperscale Data Centre delivery experience in Europe, whose main task is to break down projects into stages, taking responsibility for monitoring and managing the programme, cost, quality and risk of each stage of the project.
Our Project Managers work closely with our clients, advising them on legal, procurement, programme, statutory, risk, technical and financial matters that arise during the project.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting an Associate Project Manager with consultancy data centre experience to join a client focused team within the London office to help develop and drive our Data Centre capability, working on high profile projects throughout Europe.
This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen the team - working on wide range of projects including new build, fitout, refurbishment and capacity upgrades. This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing all services relating to project management on data centre project in Portugal (either travelling from the UK or assisted with a relocation)
Key Responsibilities :
- To lead and oversee the successful delivery of Data Centre projects (in conjunction with the support of Project Management Partners) with a view to securing repeat business.
- Assembling design teams
- Site acquisition and technical due diligence
- Interviewing Main Contractors, undertaking tender analysis and reporting to clients with recommendations
- Regular reporting to clients and internal client teams
- Proactive management of multi-disciplinary internal and external teams
- Contract Administration (which requires a good understanding of building contracts)
- Implementation and management of a change control process
- Coordination of the testing and commissioning process prior to handover
- To support in the management of the Data Centre Project management team including line management duties
- To support and develop our Data Centre team working on new high profile Data Centre projects.
- To support and develop targeted marketing material, bid documents, capability statements and attend networking events relating to Data Centres.
- To support the Project Management Partners in developing a pipeline of Data Centre opportunities.
- To actively participate and support in the development of fee proposals and responses to RFPs
- To participate in Business Development activities where required.
- To attend Client interviews as required securing new Clients.
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established procurement/commercial/contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a data centre consultancy environment and demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Qualifications - Degree level
- Chartership - Professional (chartered) qualification (MCIOB, MRICS, MAPM etc)
- Technical - Understands technical aspects of project delivery from inception to post-completion and is able to identify and promote solutions. Can advise on contractual matters and procurement routes to clients.
- Managerial - Ability to manage a project from inception to post completion with Partner support, obtaining positive written client feedback.
- Behaviours - Recognised as a positive, collaborator who shares knowledge freely and offers support to his/her peers and seniors. Recognised as a team player within a project environment with a strong willingness to learn.
- Experience – Lead Project Manager for Data Centre projects (Client or consultancy side) (£40million +).
- Construction related degree or a similar construction related qualification with extensive technical delivery experience in a similar role gained within a consultancy or end user client (Projects not facilities management or operations).
- 8+ years’ experience in delivering mission critical projects as either a consultant or client-side Project Manager
- 4+ years’ experience in delivering data centre projects as the lead Project Manager either as a consultant or client side
- Experience managing data centre projects from conception through to completion (RIBA stage 3-6)
- Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more future business
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Can quickly acclimatise to a new project and take ownership to drive the project forward
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
- A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible
- Proven track record on leading Data Centre construction projects as a consultant Project Manager to time, cost and quality.
- Line manager experience
- Experience using Asta PowerProject
- Experience writing procurement strategies and development of procurement reports