Civils Quantity Surveyor - London - Hybrid
Project Level Overview :
- Role will be initially focused on our UK Contracts working with Clients to deliver Water, Gas, Power and Comm’s with some Civils Groundworks
- We have Civils and Utilities projects pending start dates which will also fall within this role.
- The Ideal QS will be expected to run up to 3-4 projects at one time, delivering on all commercial aspects.
- Looking for a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn and develop in the role.
- The role will be fully supported by MQS, to mentor and lead the candidate in their professional development from an QS to a senior role.
- The role offers progression within the company along with supporting any company or role specific training courses.
- NEC, JCT & Framework Contract experience is preferential
- The role will be hands on with the day-to-day commercial assurance of the project. The candidate will need to work closely with the project managers, supervisors and engineers to log, track and record progress in real time.
- Change Management and Commercial Reporting on Cost & Value key.
- Keen attention to detail is key, to support reporting to both the client and internally.
- Candidate is ideally able to pro actively understand the commercial risk and opportunity of a project.
Value and Duration of Projects for Role
- Projects range from £100k up to £2 Million
- Current Projects run for the next 8months,
- The expected new projects expected to land will take the works in to late 2024
Project Site Locations
- Stephenson Street West Ham – East London
- Paddington – West London
- Canada Water – SE London
- Site 3 days (will be dependant of site and project requirements)
- Office London or Kent 2 days
- Hybrid / flexible working can be supported when appropriate.
- 8am – 5.30pm (47.5 hrs)
- Can be flexible depending on circumstance and requirements of role