Health & Safety Manager - Data Centre, Frankfurt
Our client is an established civil engineering & construction main contractor operating across the UK & Europe. This organisation is currently undertaking a number of new build data centre schemes across Europe They provide a full turnkey solution and are constructing these data centres from the initial groundworks stage right the way through to the M&E installation, fit out and handover.
Our client is now seeking an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join the project team delivering a €300m+ Data Centre in Frankfurt, Germany
A Health & Safety Manager with previous data-centre experience would be at an advantage however relevant experience on large construction schemes in a similar environment (ie: pharmaceutical, laboratory or clean room environments) would be also considered. Previous experience of working on overseas projects would also be an advantage. Applicants must have a main contracting background.
- Ensure that projects adhere to the corporate system.
- Make blueprints for each phase of construction.
- Report on health and safety and analyse different parameters.
- Continually update senior management on the status of the H&S department's activities.
- Assure adherence to applicable environmental, health, and safety laws and regulations.
- Make sure the environmental, health, and safety plans are followed.
- Oversee and assist with the creation of method statements, risk assessments, safe action plans, and H&S work licences.
- oversee the execution of the project plans.
- Make sure everyone in the group is managing and maintaining strong safety practises.
- Control hazardous compounds and oversee continuous COSHH evaluations.
- Make sure safety interventions are finished and recorded.
- Do routine site audits and inspections, record the findings, and keep track of any corrective actions.
- Keep track of statutory inspections and make sure the necessary paperwork is readily available.
- Take a proactive stance when it comes to project EHS needs.
- Make that the EHS rules and procedures for the project are followed by the project's subcontractors.
- Organize, administer, and maintain the induction and training
- Make sure the PPE for the project is stocked and accessible.
- Data centre construction project experience is preferred
- NEBOSH certification or a third-level degree in environmental, health, and safety that is pertinent.
- Handling environmental, health, and safety issues on significant construction projects for at least four years.
- Comprehensive understanding of the laws governing health, safety, and the environment
- Flexibility in work schedules as needed.
- Being able to effectively handle all on-site environmental, health, and safety risks.
- Good computer and communication abilities, as well as the capacity to keep reporting databases and related documentation, are required
- Having the capacity to act independently and having excellent interpersonal and communication abilities.
In return our client can offer a highly competitive package including;
- High basic salary
- Overseas uplift
- (tax free) monthly allowance
- All flights to and from site
- Return Flights for visiting families
- Individual apartments
- Food subsistence allowance
- + additional
Please apply with an up to date CV and we will contact you back with more details at the soonest