Job ref: PTC1 Salary: 50000 Location: Harrow, Greater London
Environmental Advisor -Construction-Harrow
A leading and successful RC Frame Contractor are recruiting for a Environmental Advisor to join their business. Established over 30 years this company deliver nationally but are organised regionally. As a company, they pride themselves on the technical capabilities of their staff, their high standard of work and the amount of repeat business they are rewarded. I have worked with them for 8 years and their staff retention is extremely high and it is a good environment to work in, where ambition and positive input is rewarded.
For the above role the company are looking for someone with experience in a similar role, ideally with 2/3 years experience. Applicants need to have NEBOSH or a relevant degree in Environmental Science. This is a multi site based role so you need to be strong in time management, have good self inititive and most importantly have a outgoing personality.
• Managing waste contracts, ordering skips, and resolving any queries with our waste.
• Creating guidance documents for waste disposal and handling, spill drills, etc.
• Creating and updating various environmental management plans.
• Briefing staff on Environmental and Ecological risks on site and how to work around them to reduce risk
• Managing a small team to carry out regular environmental and ecological maintenance on site.
• Carry out regular inspections to maintain high environmental standards and reduce any incidents
• Surface water monitoring on site
• Carry out ecological inspections on relating to protected species, such as water voles, badgers, nesting birds, reptiles, Great Crested Newts etc
This is a great opportunity to join a well established yet growing company who always aim to spromote and support their employees to enhance themselves through numerous learning and development methods. If of interest please do not hesitate to contact me.