Design & Engineering Manager London/ South East
The Design & Engineering Manager will provide leadership, direction and support to the team to ensure designs are managed effectively through pre design to post-design review and checking. They will proactively manage projects within agreed timescales, taking into account quality, accuracy and consistency
A leading Irish contractor in modular construction, building very large containment facilities for BSL Laboratories, Biopharma Cold-rooms & Stability Storage facilities, GMP, Data Centres all over Europe
Director of Life Sciences
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsibility for understanding the scope of work, while controlling changes to ensure commercial risks are communicated.
- To establish and maintain design schedules including productivity.
- Liaising with architects, consultants, engineers and clients in relation to all aspects of project designs.
- Reviewing all commercial documents to ensure that all elements quoted are included in the design.
- Reviewing and issuing design risk assessments.
- Issuing enquiries to suppliers to obtain quotations where necessary.
- To build and create lasting relationships with clients and subcontractors.
- Creation and review of BIM documents such as BIM execution plans.
- Model and drawing management ensuring the latest information is available to all project stakeholders throughout the project.
- Development of Architectural/MEP models in line with company requirements comply with company design procedures
- Managing the BIM relationship between the company, its clients, external consultants and project teams, acting as the point of contact for all BIM matters.
- Ensuring designs produced comply with the construction design and regulations and with company standards and procedures.
Skills & Experience Required
- Professional design qualification.
- Design experience, specifically BIM experience and knowledge.
- Proven track record of ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise deadlines using own initiative.
- Ability to take a professional, organised and positive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Please reply with a WORD Formatted CV
london, design, Design manager southeast, south, east England, UK U.K. Main Contractor, construction,