Project Quantity Surveyor - Sunderland
Our client is a high-growth, progressive market leader in the design, manufacture and construction of controlled environments. Specialises in cleanrooms, laboratories and pharmaceutical projects.
Looking for a Project Quantity Surveyor who will join the team and work closely with teams, reporting to the Senior QS and Commercial Manager. This role will be based in the Tyne & Wear region but may require some travel from time to time across the UK and overseas.
The candidates must have experience in pharmaceutical/cleanroom projects.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- The candidates must have experience in pharmaceutical/cleanroom projects
- Strong Quantity Surveying knowledge base throughout pre and post-construction phases.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in the administration of construction contracts.
- Chartered or working towards achieving chartered status.
- Experience working within a consultancy or client organisation.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Experience in a client-facing role.
- Experience in managing or mentoring junior members of staff.
- Experience in successfully operating within multi-stakeholder environments.
- Ability to challenge constructively and deliver client-led targets.
- Ability to clearly articulate project needs on a scheme-by-scheme basis.
- Ability to proactively contribute to value management and value engineering studies at project and programme level.
- Delivery of work outputs within set time frames.
- Commitment, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic.
- Team player capable of a flexible approach.
- Energetic and self-motivated.
- Strong IT capabilities including working experience of Microsoft Office.