A client that we work with is recruiting for a Senior Cost Manager to be located at their Central London office. The client is an established well known construction company that operate projects within the UK and across a number of countries around the world. This position reports directly to the client Director , Commercial Management, Global Design & Construction.
The primary focus of the role is Cost Management oversight across client’s portfolio of major expansion construction projects throughout EMEA.
The role is expected to provide strategic and day-to-day leadership specifically focused to drive down construction costs, provide assurance against internal financial controls and reporting processes and help manage all major contract risks. This position would suit a cost manager coming from a consulting background.
- Oversee the preparation of budgets including detailed cost modelling, benchmarking analysis and presentation of this to senior management.
- Monitor adherence against budget throughout the project lifespan including cost checks and reviews, value engineering and cost saving initiatives and evaluation of alternates.
- Provide guidance and assist with the orderly development of requests for proposal leading into
procurement for design services agreements, owner furnished equipment and general contractor services agreements.
- Oversee and provide guidance on commercial change management and change evaluation efforts on all projects.
- Review analytics for project portfolio cash flow and earn value analysis.
- Monitor the financial close-out on all projects including settlement of all vendors.
- Pro-actively lead all commercial risk management efforts including commercial audits, contingency, analyses, risk identification and analyses and management training.
- Review project cost reports and carry out regular reviews of these with senior management.
Qualifications & Experience
- M&E Cost Manager experience from a consultancy background
- Bachelor’s degree in construction, business, financial or related field.
- Preferably RICS accredited.
- Detail orientated, with accurate input and proofreading skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong sense of accountability, ownership and urgency.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.