Location: London Salary: £60,000-£70,000
Roofing Manager / Contracts Manager
Our client is a specialist contractor working in the heritage & listed buildings sector undertaking services including external refurbishment, cleaning & restoration works. They are a market leading contractor in their field undertaking projects on a range of heritage buildings including: churches, hotels, stately homes, state buildings (including the Houses of Parliament and Windsor Castle) amongst others.
They have been established for over 65-years and currently work from two regional offices in Central London and Sussex.
Due to continued strong growth our client is now seeking an experienced Roofing Manager / Roofing Contracts Manager to lead the team on their roofing division undertaking roofing repairs and restoration works across London and the South East. Due to the heritage nature of the projects the works will primarily be Lead and Slate roofing works so experience of these type of roofing materials is essential.
This role will be a roving position (not based on one site) managing a small team of roofing site managers so will therefore be office based with regular visits to sites across their operational area. As well as an overview of the project delivery the ideal candidate will also have some input in pre-construction / tendering works, with an input in the estimating & pricing of projects.
Responsibilities will include:
• The responsibilities of the role are broadly as follows:
• Specific (but not limited to)
• Site recording including labour returns and daily dairy.
• Quality control of works generally.
• Health and safety management including tool box talks, site inductions, PPE issue and monitoring. Accident book records, liaising with the Health & Safety Manager during his visits, ensuring safe working practices on site, producing risk assessments and coshh sheets where necessary, reporting accidents to the Director.
• Daily liaison with the Client, Stakeholders and other interested parties.
• Daily supervision of roofing subcontractors.
• Attending client meetings (monthly with Projects Director usually in attendance).
• Attending site walk around technical meetings with the design team (usually once a fortnight but may be more frequent depending on need).
• Formulating Project Programmes for reporting and monitoring purposes.
• Implementing target programmes
• Coordinating with Logistics Manager, disposal and storage on site of plant and materials (This may be covered by a site administrator but also with back up from Head Office).
• Producing monthly valuations for submission to the Clients QS.
• Carry out roof surveys.
• To carry out site surveys with the Projects Director to estimate for new works including meeting clients and specialists and attending post tender interviews for work within the Project Team.
• Under the direction of the Projects Director and in conjunction with other members of the designated projects team, carry out duties to achieve the profitable and efficient execution of the Project.
• Oversee Pro day to day basis the site activities of the Project, ensuring that all work is properly carried out in accordance with the appropriate specifications, drawings and method statements, and that all operatives and other interested parties are properly briefed as to their tasks.
• To co-ordinate and control the activities of Subcontractors and Suppliers on the Project in conjunction with the Projects Director.
• To implement and enforce the Company’s policies on Health & Safety and Quality Management on the Project. Ensure that the requirements of CDM are complied with and that the appropriate records are kept.
• To liaise and communicate with clients in respect of the Project.
• To keep appropriate records and ensure the Project Director is fully informed of relevant matters regarding the Project.
• To work in conjunction with the Project Director to achieve the efficient servicing of the Project and dissemination of information.
• To facilitate discipline and liaison between the Operative Force and the Projects Director.
• To promote the best interests of the Company at all times.
• To undertake such specific tasks that may reasonably be allocated by the Projects
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading, specialist contractor with a strong order book working on some really interesting and prestigious schemes
In return our client can offer genuine career stability and progression opportunities with a salary in the region of £60k - £70k + car, package & Bonus