Location: Spain Salary: €50,000 - €65,000 + Package
HSEQ Manager, Madrid, Spain (Spanish Speaking)
Our client is an established and respected general Civil Engineering sub-contractor operating across Europe. Their European division undertakes large civil engineering packages on behalf of Tier-1 main contractors primarily involved in the construction of data centre and pharmaceutical schemes.
This organisation undertakes Civil Packages including; Installation of duct networks, precast chambers, pressurised systems, drainage. RC foundations & slabs, Roads, Hard & soft landscaping, Groundworks / Earthworks, Builders / Enabling works, Concrete / RC Frame, Superstructure, Piling and general external Works
The need now exists for an experience HSEQ (Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality) Manager to join the delivery team working on a Data Centre project in Madrid, Spain
Responsibilities will include:
· Establish and provide leadership and management in best practice HSEQ matters
· Advise and support Managers and Supervisors to discharge their responsibilities for the HSEQ of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Legislation and Company Processes.
· Ensure HSEQ controls are in place so that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
· Take a lead with site management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the Construction HSEQ Plans. Manage & provide support to Project teams in the development Plans.
· Carry out regular inspections/audits of sites and workplaces to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Processes and the relevant Statutory Provisions.
· Carry out site inductions and other training as required.
· Lead & partake in accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company process and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any reoccurrences.
· Manage, collate & review Business / Project HSEQ statistics in a timely manner and submit to the HSEQ Department for reporting purposes. Review HSEQ statistics to identify trends.
· Develop and implement HSEQ campaigns and improvement plans in agreement with Management.
· Manage and produce processes and associated documentation and check compliance.
· Identify significant HSEQ issues for projects and help set-up projects to include appropriate controls.
· Manage and identify any HSEQ consents/ permits or exemptions that are required and ensure they are obtained in line with all relevant records which are to be maintained.
Skills or experience you will need to succeed in this role
· Fluent in both Spanish and English
· Experience of delivering a HSEQ activities in Spain, ideally other countries as well
· NEBOSH Construction / Certificate or Equivalent
· IT Proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint & Document Management Software)
· Excellent motivator and team builder.
· Confident when dealing with challenging and sometimes difficult individuals.
· Ability to build rapport quickly with Clients and Senior Managers.
In return our client is able to offer;
· Competitive base salary
· Support with travel and accommodation (if not based locally)
· Great future development opportunities
· Bonus scheme
· Great annual leave allowance
Due to the current issues regarding Visa’s for UK nationals we regret that at this moment we are only able to accept applications for this role from applicants with Full EU right to work (EU passport holders)
If this role may be of interest, please email your CV in the first instance and we will contact you by return to discuss further