Health and Safety Manager - Data Centre, Germany
Our client is an established and respected general Civil Engineering sub-contractor operating across UK and Europe. Their division undertakes large civil engineering packages on behalf of Tier-1 main contractors primarily involved in the civil, data centre, infrastructure, utilities, turnkey solutions, preconstruction service, mechanical, and electrical.
Key Role Deliverables:
- Establish and provide leadership and management in best practice HSE matters
- Advise and support Managers and Supervisors to discharge their responsibilities for the HSE of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Legislation and Company Processes.
- Ensure HSE controls are in place so that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
- Take a lead with site management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the Construction HSE Plans. Manage & provide support to Project teams in the development Plans.
- Carry out regular inspections/audits of sites and workplaces to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Processes and the relevant Statutory Provisions.
- Carry out site inductions and other training as required.
- Lead & partake in accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company process and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any re-occurrences.
- Manage, collate & review Business / Project HSE statistics in a timely manner and submit to the HSE Department for reporting purposes. Review HSE statistics to identify trends.
- Develop and implement HSE campaigns and improvement plans in agreement with Management.
- Manage and produce processes and associated documentation and check compliance.
- Identify significant HSE issues for projects and help set-up projects to include appropriate controls.
- Manage and identify any HSE consents/ permits or exemptions that are required and ensure they are obtained in line with all relevant records which are to be maintained.
- Support in the delivery of the Group Audit Programme & undertake internal and external audits as required.
- Providing input and review of pre-qualification, tender and HSE award submissions
- Stopping work with at any time HSE elements of the works are in question.
- Manage the dissemination of information issued by HSE to relevant employees.
- Any other reasonable requests as required by Management
- NEBOSH Construction / Certificate or Equivalent
- Relevant Industry Membership e.g. IOSH, IEMA, CQI
- IT Proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint & Document Management Software)
- Excellent motivator and team builder.
- Confident when dealing with challenging and sometimes difficult individuals.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with Clients and Senior Managers.
- Good Presentation Skills
- Chartered Member of IOSH
- Good interpersonal relationship skills with confident, resilient approach.
- Excellent presentation, persuasiveness and negotiating skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills