Location: Cork Salary: Negotiable
Assistant Construction Buyer / Purchaser - Main Contractor - Cork
The role is to assist the Purchasing Manager in the day-to-day operations of the purchasing department.
To learn the ropes and eventually take over the role, the prestige and rewards that it brings, within a defined period of approximately 2 years.
You will assist in the execution of all buying, sourcing materials, suppliers and plant management.
The ideal person will be ambitious and ready to hit the ground running.
Solid IT and Admin Skills essential
Ideally from a Construction related background
The position will be office based Monday to Friday full time.
• Assisting the purchasing manager in the day-to-day sourcing of new materials / hiring misc. plant / tools in line with current company operating procedures
• Maintain the Approved Supplier List / Internal Plant registers, in conjunction with Purchasing Manager
• Liaise with site staff and quantity surveyors on material and plant requirements
• Assist the purchasing manager in setting up enquiries, quotation analysis
• Checking queried invoices for accuracy against purchase orders
• Documentation control within the department
• Assist accounts department in the processing of invoices
• Develop strong relationships across the company, working collaboratively with sites to ensure on time material deliveries
• Be flexible to participate in other duties as required by the department
• Ambitious & enthusiastic
• Good communication skills – written & verbal. Will be communicating with site personnel, suppliers and relevant internal departments
• Some knowledge of construction materials
• Work to maintain good relationships
• Assist in resolving invoice issues with accounts department
• Knowledge in Microsoft excel, word and outlook