A client that we work with is recruiting for a Senior Cost Manager to be located at their office outside Amsterdam, The Netherlands. . The client is an established well known construction company that operate projects within the UK and across a number of countries around the world. This position reports directly to the client Director , Commercial Management, GlobalDesign & Construction.
MEP Cost Manager
The MEP Cost Manager will provide MEP cost management services for a wide range of projects and will be required to have a strong background in mechanical, electrical and process estimating, tender evaluations, onsite cost controls etc. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to optimise projects costs, implement value engineering, and ensure value for money whilst still achieving and delivering the highest standards and quality.
- Oversee the preparation of budgets including detailed cost modelling, bench marking analysis and presentation of this to senior management.
- Monitor adherence against budget throughout the project lifespan including cost checks and reviews, value engineering and cost saving initiatives and evaluation of alternates.
- Provide guidance and assist with the orderly development of requests for proposal leading into procurement for design services agreements, owner furnished equipment and general contractor services agreements.
- Oversee and provide guidance on commercial change management and change evaluation efforts on all projects.
- Review analytics for project portfolio cash flow and earn value analysis.
- Monitor the financial close-out on all projects including settlement of all vendors.
- Pro-actively lead all commercial risk management efforts including commercial audits, contingency, analyses, risk identification and analyses and management training.
- Review project cost reports and carry out regular reviews of these with senior management.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in construction, business, financial or related field.
- Preferably RICS accredited.
- Detail orientated, with accurate input and proof reading skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong sense of accountability, ownership and urgency.
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Experience in an MEP cost management role
- Understanding of MEP Systems and ability to read services drawings and schematics.
- Data centre, pharma, or oil and gas project experience preferred.