Location: Dublin Salary: €40,000-65,000
Health and Safety Advisor, Dublin
PLEASE NOTE OUR CLIENT IS NOT OFFERING ACCOMMODATION.
Our client is one of the biggest Construction and Engineering contractors in Ireland, covering various sectors like Data Centres, Life Sciences, Commercial and Residential to name a few. They bring excellence to all their projects and is part of the reason they are so successful.
They are now looking for an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to join them in West Dublin on a large project.
The SHEQ adviser will be supporting the SHEQ Manager. The candidate would be responsible for ensuring the supervision and coordination of work systems to ensure that the products or services of the company meet the highest quality standards and that the working conditions of the company are in line with internal and external regulatory compliance.
The HSE Advisor would have a number of duties, the key responsibilities would be as follows:
• To conduct regular site audits on work force, investigate accidents and review inspection outputs to identify trends and facilitate improvements.
• Represent the SHEQ Manager / Directors at Safety organisation meetings and assist in the preparation of company reporting material for SHEQ annual audits and more.
• Advise line management and assist with the implementation of new or existing SHEQ-related legislation, rules and Company standards.
• Assist with the facilitation of all forms of risk assessment e.g. general, manual handling, COSHH, fire prevention and provide a specialist response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others on site.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
• 3rd level qualification in a relevant subject e.g. Occupational Therapy, Health & Safety etc.,
• NEBOSH Certification or equivalent, IOSH Membership Tech or higher
• IEMA (Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment) Membership AIEMA or higher
• 1+ years’ experience in an SHEQ position within the construction industry
In return our client can offer a competitive salary (dependent on experience) + a great package, with great career opportunities.