Location: London Salary: Freelance or perm salary & bens
Our client is an established main contractor with a turnover of £120M and already secured £80m+ of projects for the next two years despite the unprecedented pandemic situation, and are looking to add a Site Manager to the team – working on high-end new build and refurb schemes across sectors like commercial, resi, retail, leisure with projects up to £30m+ in London and the Home Counties.
Current scheme is a £10m+ JCT D&B (2stage) commercial scheme new build and heavy structural refurbishment project near Tottenham Court Road underway with 12months to run:
• Manage the works so that they are completed on time and to the standard required. Arrange for the works to be signed off in line with company QA procedure.
• Organise the workforce so that they are fully occupied, working towards clear objectives and to required standards.
• Organise and liaise with sub contractors with particular reference to meeting their agreed targets/programmes in order to maintain the overall programme for the works.
• Identify critical path items, including information and procurement, that are required to maintain the works programme, scheduling them, sourcing them, ensuring that the Contract Manager and Project Surveyor is informed of any items that need to be put on the procurement schedule where lead times are known.
• Co-ordinate labour requirements including organizing agency labour as and when required.
• Checking their delivery on site, notifying suppliers immediately of any discrepancies/damaged items so that they can be replaced with minimal effect on the works programme.
• Identify snagging items throughout the course of the project and arrange for them to be rectified together with all items brought to his attention by the Contracts Manager, co-ordinating the trades through to completion so that the highest standards are maintained and post-contract snagging is kept to a minimum.
The role would suit someone recently qualified who needs to gain further industry experience working under an experienced senior prior to progressing to delivering their own project.
Permanent position or freelance/temp to perm – this role comes with an excellent salary, travel allowance, pension, bonus and career progression