Location: Denmark Salary: €65K to €75K DOE, plus overseas package, rotation 6/1
Senior Mechanical Engineer – Denmark – Data Centres
Our client is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work on one of our key Data Centre projects in Denmark. They are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
Role and Responsibilities
* Lead Engineering Design and Design Management tasks on Projects as part of an integrated project team
* Strong technical ability in all aspects of Mechanical Engineering Services & Design
* Proactive with a strong ability to work independently and without supervision.
* Design and specification of Mechanical Engineering Solutions to current regulations and design standards
* Working directly with clients and project engineers to define project requirements and develop technical solutions.
* Develop and agree design processes and design deliverables.
* Lead Pre-Construction Engineering activities and the production of information including, design development, construction details, services coordination, technical submittals, sub-contracts, etc.
* Assist in the continual improvement of the QA System and execute project reviews.
* Provide technical support to the estimating, procurement, commercial, marketing and project bid teams.
* Provide off site technical support to construction teams on projects.
* Familiarisation of Design/IFC specifications and drawings to fully understand the scope of the Project works.
* Overseeing the Co-ordination process to transform design information into full installation drawings by BIM personnel ensuring spec compliance and as per schedule priority.
* Assessment of Sub-contract and Supplier Tender returns for Technical compliance with design intent specifications.
* Familiarisation with the Project schedule and ensuring Engineering activities do not impact on same (e.g., Procurement, etc
* Ensure Works are installed in accordance with Project specifications and to the Project QA plan (for e.g., pre-agreed benchmarking).
* Management of Sub-contractors and ensuring adequate information flow to ensure works progress in line with the Project Schedule and Weekly Meeting logged.
* Evaluate and promote the use of new engineering practices and processes to enhance delivery time of the project.
* Preparation and agreeing project completion criteria and close out documents.
* Preparing Sub-contract and Supplier Tender Packages in conjunction with Project QS.
* Manage the Work packs process from development, implementation and handover.
* Manage BIM priorities i.e., isometrics generation and release.
* Third Level Diploma/degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
* 9-10 years Relevant Experience
* Process / clean piping systems experience
* Knowledge & experience of current CIBSE an Ashrae Design Guides, Building Regulations, EN Standards and IEC Standards
* Experience in NAVISWORKS, Hevacomp, AutoCAD and MS Office Suite Software
* Experience of client, vendor &contractor interaction & management
* Proactive a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team.
* Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
Please Apply with WORD format CV