Senior Design Manager To £65k Main Contractor Swindon / West of England / Wales
HNC or Degree construction related subject. Preferably CIOB qualified
- refurbishments & fit outs,
- construction projects
- interior & retail schemes
- property development
- £40million residential scheme in Swindon
The role will also involve providing Design Management support on both tenders and live projects
- review and interrogation of enquiry stage design; management of the design team during the tender and construction process
- Provision of advice on relevant amendments to the Company Design and Build Procedure
- Interrogation of external design briefs and reporting to the Bid Management Teams.
- Responsibility for identification and management of risk and opportunity.
- Co-ordination of the design process from bid through to live projects.
- Liaising and advising client design teams on traditional projects and management of the design teams on D&B projects.
- Production of Design Management Plans and ensuring requirements of the plan are achieved within the timeframe set by the tender and construction programmes.
- Interrogation of designs to ensure safe, buildable and cost-effective solutions.
- Value engineering to all relevant aspects of the design.
- Representing the company in design meetings,
- Interface between the client, design team and design portion contractors.
- Ensure that the clients’ brief is understood by the designers and project team.
- Management of change control,
- Ensuring liaison with the project commercial team.
- Communication of implications of any change to the client.
- Advise on the suitability of consultants and design portion subcontractors.
- Assistance in the compilation of the Contractors Proposal documents.
- Management of the requirement for collateral warranties
- Execution of design audits of consultants and subcontractors
- Effective planning and organisation of programme and resources
- Risk and opportunity management
- Ability to work to deadlines and within tight schedules.
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills.
- Report writing
- Ability to understand and answer design related questions from Pre-Qualification and Tender Questionnaires
- Demonstrable Pre and Post Contract experience in Design Management with Operational background – preferably at Senior Project Management Level.
- Public sector experience – preferably education
- Proven track record of Risk Management and Value Engineering.
- Full understanding of relevant and current construction legislation, regulation, codes of practice and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of sustainable design, BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes
- Knowledge of current design and construction techniques including available products in the market place
- Please respond with a WORD format CV