Project Manager – Client Side – Manchester
We are currently working with an international client-side Project Management consultancy. This organisation is an established and highly successful US based organisation and has recently moved into the European market.
This organisation acts as the Clients Representative delivering major entertainment venues and sporting stadia across the globe with over $50bn of schemes successfully delivered so far
Due to continued growth in these sectors, we are now seeking a Project Manager to join the team initially to oversee the construction and development of a new 23,000-seater music venue in Manchester (Build scope £27m)
This is an excellent opportunity to join an already established company in a newly established region and therefore offering genuine opportunities for career progression and development
Key Responsibilities will include
- Lead procurement-related functions for the CDW packages.
- Focus on all aspects of CDW cost management including tracking and resolving any potential scope changes, delay claims, design impacts, cash flow and payment requisitions.
- Evaluate, offer recommendations, and request adjustment to adjust, as necessary, all vendor payment applications to ensure accuracy with work-in-place, stored materials, and compliance with specified quality of materials, systems, and installations.
- Maintain and monitor a list of all contract deliverables related to all Owner/Developer held agreements.
- Maintain and update all aspects of the CDW budget and cash flow template including budget transfers, client-approved adjustments, exposure logs, contingency adjustments, etc.
- Maintain the necessary proof and documentation for all contracts, insurance certificates, and bonds etc. for Owner/Developer-held contracts. Review and comment regularly on Vendor’s Contract, Bonds and Insurance Log (CBI Log).
- Perform monthly reconciliation with client to ensure CAA ICON and client are aligned. Correct any document and issues found.
- Manage the procurement/purchase orders of client-furnished equipment and materials.
- Prepare a detailed CDW cash flow analysis with regular updates. Coordinate with the client’s financial department regarding the forecast of costs, including any project program issues or known financial issues.
- Attend all regularly scheduled meetings as determined by the Project Director/ Executive.
- Provide information and assist with the completion of CAA ICON’s monthly report.
- Monitor the timeliness of deliveries of furniture, fixtures and equipment (“FF&E”) to the site, and evaluate actual construction progress against the project schedule.
- Track any potential scope changes, delay claims, and cost and schedule impacts associated with design changes to the CDW.
- Manage actual post-award procurement, delivery, and installation/integration of all Owner/Developer-direct FF&E systems and components.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in the construction or a related services industry
- Bachelor’s degree (Ideally in construction, engineering or like industry)
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work, project schedule and project agreements
- Professional attitude with the ability to interact effectively with clients, contractors and project management team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to problem solve and master new concepts in a short period of time
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project and Excel required
In return our client can offer a very competitive basic salary with a fully comprehensive package and bonus system to attract the right candidates