Our client is an established engineering & construction main contractor undertaking a number of new build data centre schemes across Europe. They undertake a full turnkey solution and are constructing these data centres from the initial groundworks stage right the way through to the M&E installation, fit out and handover.
- Our client is seeking a motivated Mechanical Project Manager professional to support data centre project in Frankfurt, Germany.
The Mechanical Project Manager will lead the effort in coordinating, scheduling, and managing the MEP trades and their associated subcontractors during the construction and commissioning of a Data Centre.
- The candidate must have knowledge of chilled water ideally in a live facility. This role is client facing also.
- Mechanical Project Manager will be responsible for the following:
-Take overall responsibility for the performance and quality control of all MEP trades - this includes but is not limited to the following scope of work: Mechanical, Plumbing, Ductwork, Building Controls, Electrical, Fire Alarm, AV, Security, Site Utilities and Fire Protection.
Fluency and familiarity of all contract documents.
- Manage and lead MEP subcontractors from contract award through project close out.
- Implement and manage the MEP coordination process to resolve all conflicts prior to start of installations. May involve the use of AutoCAD, Revit, and Navisworks.
- Prior to installation, review shop drawings and submittals for compliance and completeness.
- Participate in the cost review and change order process as it relates to the MEP trades. Assists the Project Manager, as necessary, in estimating proposals and change orders.
- Review all pay requests from MEP subcontractors and ensure that they are proper and timely.
- Provide scheduling input to the project team as it relates to the MEP trades.
- Coordinate onsite MEP activities, materials procurement, and other related activities with Project Manager and Field Staff.
- Communicate progress and prepare appropriate reports as needed and requested.
- Troubleshoot and assist in the resolution of field installation issues.
- Attend weekly meetings with owners, architects, engineers and contractors / subcontractors.
- Chair additional meetings with the MEP subcontractors as necessary.
- Coordinates the installation of owner provided equipment as it relates to the MEP trades.
- Monitors the installation and start-up of MEP systems and commissioning of project with Engineer & Owner.
- Coordinate and manage the owner training process.
- Manage the close out process for the MEP trades.
- Maintain good relationships with co-workers, vendors, subcontractors, owners, engineers and architects.
- Desire to be a team player
- 5+ years of experience in Construction/MEP Coordination.
- Data Centre / Building Commissioning experience is highly desired, but not required.
- BS in an Engineering Field, Construction Management or equivalent years' experience.
- 3 years or more of experience in commissioning and qualification or facility engineering / facility management.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Strong grasp of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and low-voltage systems.
- General understanding of Building Codes, Mechanical Codes, Electrical Codes and Plumbing Codes as they relate to construction of Data Centres.
- Experienced dealing with MEP subcontracts and subcontractors.
- Proficient computer skills
- Navisworks, Revit, and AutoCAD skills are a plus.