Senior Quantity Surveyor - Commercial - Dublin - Permanent
We are seeking an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor for our large-scale commercial projects based in Dublin. This role will be responsible for budget preparation and estimates, progress reports, final account preparation, client interaction and attending various design team / site meetings.
- Liaising and reporting to the Surveying Director, Project Director, and Project Manager.
- Liaising with the Design Team to ensure requirements and specifications are met
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Client Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations on behalf of the Company
- Attending regular site meeting and communicate effectively to keep the BCL Senior Quantity Surveyor up to date on project development status whilst also tracking and resolving issues
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects.
- Estimating and tendering for projects in conjunction with Head Office Quantity Surveying Staff
- Negotiating new projects and fixed price premiums which are cost effective
- Organising and chairing pre-award meetings with new sub-contractors in conjunction with the Construction Team
- Subcontract purchasing and monitoring of packages on site
- Monitoring of contra charges and notification to sub-contractors
- Sub-contractor re-measurement, interim and final account payments
- Processing fortnightly / monthly sub-contractor payment certificates
- Compiling the variation log and signing off on variations with the Junior Quantity Surveyor
- Issuing interim payment applications to the Junior Quantity Surveyor and correlating payments received.
- Final account preparations at the end of the project
- Cost monitoring and reporting using construction computer software and attending monthly cost reporting meetings
- Cashflow forecasting for projects and issuing monthly reports to accounts
- Keeping abreast of various changes in industry and competitive environment in which the company operates.
- Planning and performing other duties and projects as assigned
You will need
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience with proven track record in dealing with Subcontractors and Clients in relation to Valuations, Variations, Final Accounts and cost reporting
- Thorough understanding of specifications, bills of quantities and drawings
- Strong expertise in extracting quantities from drawings and issuing enquiries to sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure that accurate quotations are received within specified time frames
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and other Quantity Surveying Packages
- Proven track record in Commercial / Industrial Projects
- Excellent budgetary responsibility experience
- Superb written and oral communication skills, including the ability to provide and explain accurate reporting.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Self-starter and ability to organise the workday around assigned activities and priorities with minimum supervision.
- Flexible with a high-level commitment to success.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team with a wide variety of individuals
Please resond with WORD Format CV