Our client is an M&E Subcontractor is currently recruiting for Instrument Technicians for a new pharmaceutical project in Switzerland.
Our client is dedicated to being the leading and most cost-efficient provider of electrical engineering, instrumentation, design and commissioning services across Ireland, UK, Europe and the Middle East. full-service provider to world renowned brand names in the Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Utilities, Oil, Gas & Chemicals, Food & Beverage, Transport and other industry sectors.
- Inspect, commission, maintain and troubleshoot process control instrumentation and specialised equipment.
- Complete all relevant project documentation including knowledge of completion systems
- Perform highly skilled commissioning, testing, maintenance and repair on control, metering and recording instruments, control apparatus, data logging and display equipment, communications/ telemetering systems and Fire & Gas equipment.
- Perform commissioning duties on, control circuits, level control devices, flow control devices, temperature control devices and pressure control devices.
- Install, calibrate, commission, troubleshoot and repair of input sensors such as flow meters, level transducers, pressure transducers, fire & gas equipment and other monitoring equipment.
- Support the execution of commissioning procedures for assigned electrical tasks.
- Acceptance of Mechanically Complete Sub system packages from Construction
- Punch List management and responsibility of offered Sub systems / Systems.
- Complete all relevant project documentation including knowledge of completion systems.
- Read, interpret and work from vendor documentation, project drawings, schematic diagrams and equipment manuals.
- Knowledge of low, medium and high voltage switchgear.
- Knowledge of cathodic protection, corrosion control and associated equipment.
- Commission lighting systems and associated control systems.
- Inspect and set safety switches.
- Maintain records and prepare regular and special reports on electrical and electronic systems.
- Analyse work problems and make corrections when will facilitate the completion of system assignments.
- Maintain equipment records and parts inventory.
- Coordinate activities with other departments and staff.
- Establish positive working relationships with immediate supervision and personnel from other departments.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written. Be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Read, understand and follow Permit to Work procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned or requested.
Education and Experience
A combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Typically, 5 years of responsible experience in commissioning a variety of instrumentation and automation systems common to Oil/ Gas or Petrochemical or Pharmaceutical Industry.