Experienced Safety Officer for residential/commercial project based in Dublin. The role will report to the Project Site Manager and will be responsible for advising on overall compliance in matters of Health & Safety in accordance with the company's policies and relevant statutory provisions. The Safety Officer must lead by example and serve as a role model in mobilising the team and ensuring the highest standards of Health & Safety are adopted onsite.
The client is a main contractor based in the midlands, who has worked with government and private clients in all sectors on retail, commercial, high end residential development, specifically luxury apartments as well as affordable / social / private housing, incorporating community facilities such as arts centres, play parks, central squares, etc. Civil Engineering works include RC Frames, related underground services, new road and junctions, demolition, landscaping etc.
The projects tend to include new build commercial development, development of high spec apartments, design & build projects with prefabrication in high repetition areas and incorporating underground car parks. The building frames are constructed using the “twin-wall” pre-cast concrete system and traditional RC Frame.
The project will involve significant civil engineering works including excavation, retaining works, removal and disposal of soil, underground services, and landscaping.
Skills & Experience Required
- Reviewing pre-construction information to develop Construction Phase Health & Safety Plans
- Reviewing sub-contractors RAMS and providing approval prior to site start date
- Developing RAMS and lift plans for associated works
- Completing application process for street-works and liaising with statutory bodies on sequence of works
- Developing waste management plans and setting targets
- Carrying out safety tours, audits, and inspections with the subsequent writing of reports
- Carrying out accident investigations with the subsequent writing of reports. Reviewing safe systems of work based on findings to reduce the likelihood of reoccurrences
- Attending and chairing health & safety meetings monthly
- Attending pre-start meetings with sub-contractors, design teams and clients
- Giving advice and keeping all staff up to date with latest legislation and approved codes of practices
- Organising training and monitoring training matrix ensuring training cards remain valid
- Identifying training needs and developing training plan for staff
- Carrying out drug & alcohol testing, face fit and CAT & Genny training
- Promoting behavioural safety throughout the organisation
- Maintaining and developing integrated management system to meet standard requirements, which includes ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO45001 & Safe-T-Cert. Reviewing standards literature and tracking updates to keep in line with standard requirements
- Providing information for PQQ’s and liaising with Business & Bid Development Manager throughout tendering process
- Keeping track of servicing & thorough examination for plant and lifting equipment
- Compiling information for health & safety handover fileCompleting inductions with new staff as and when required – providing detailed H&S information during inductions, including accident reporting procedures, fire & emergency arrangements & RAMS requirements.
- Communicating RAMS requirements following updates in documentation.
- Communicating toolbox talks every week to all site operatives, toolbox talk information varies weekly and information delivered is relevant to tasks being completed at that time.
- Awareness of hazards and required control measures to eliminate/mitigate risks.
Please reply with a WORD Formatted CV.