Our client a busy and well-established contractor working within the pharmaceutical, datacentre and industrial project sector require an Electrically biased Construction Manager working on two sites in Oxford.
Skills & Qualifications
You will be suitably qualified with experience of working on life science, research, laboratory projects sectors with excellent communication skills
- Proven construction experience across a wide range of projects
- Will need to be able to understand building services including design principles, method statements, Inspection Test Plans, Risk Assessments, commissioning and handover requirements.
- Able to communicate with subcontractors, consultants and other team members.
- First Aid/H & S qualification
Responsibilities will include
- Co-ordinate closely within the project team, subcontractors under their control, the client’s team and facilitate the safe progress of works
- Establish the milestones required to ensure successful progression and completion and communicate those clearly to the contractors.
- Ensure that on site instructions from client’s authorised personnel are being recorded and managed
- Coordinate installation drawings, participate with commissioning and handover, including defects identification, snagging and closure.
- Manage and monitor performance of engineering staff and specialist sub-contractors, ensuring completion of all related tasks in accordance with construction plans, and drawings.
- Be pro-active in allocating work ensuring efficient deployment of subcontractors.
- Ensure that safety standards are understood, implemented and maintained by all team members and contractors.
- Assist the onsite construction team to ensure that subcontractors work to the program and construction sequence.
- Raise any issues that may affect progress, ensure that quality, benchmarks etc are maintained and delivered at all times.
Please respond with a Word Formatted CV.