Location: Newcastle upon Tyne Salary: 80000 Plus Package
Commercial Manager – North East
Our client design and constructs Cleanrooms for the Pharmaceutical & Biotech, EV / General Battery and Semiconductor / Microelectronics Sectors. They provide controlled environments across multiple industrial sectors working in partnership with their clients and supply chain to design, develop and construct innovative controlled environment solutions.
Due to a high-profile project recently secured our client is now seeking a Commercial Manager to join the team and work closely with the Commercial Director. This role will be based in the Tyne & Wear region but will require some travel from time to time across the UK, and overseas. The initial scheme is a major new build of a EV battery manufacturing plant and is one of the larges of it’s kind in Europe
Main Responsibilities will include:
• Manage the contract and commercial responsibilities for the projects:
• Preparation of the cost plan and present this information to senior management and the client team.
• Support the incorporation of cost data into the programme to assist in the development of a project cost and time profile.
• Control and maintain project baselines and develop and track change control process as required.
• Define project specific evaluation models for procurement packages; then assess and evaluate the commercial performance of tenderers.
• Measure and value works done on site and prepare monthly payment applications along with the negotiation and preparation of contractual variations with clients.
• Identify and participate in developing initiatives to add value and improve the project opportunities and performance, and procedures.
• Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve cost management procedures, templates and products and hence improve business efficiency.
• Ensuring timely execution of business management responsibilities.
• Ability to self-start, build confidence and cultivate trust with colleagues and client team.
• Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes.
• Provide support and guidance to the project team and oversee the commercial team.
• 10+ years demonstrable construction industry experience.
• Commercial acumen with strong numeracy skills
• Ability to challenge information presented.
• Good knowledge of excel and word.
• Good knowledge of JCT and NEC contracts; IChemE experience also a bonus.
• Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject, RICS membership desirable.
In return our client can offer a competitive salary, expenses, and 25 days annual leave, benefits package and exposure to this major, high-profile project
Please apply with a current, up to date CV in the first instance