CSA Project Manager – Consultancy – Data Centre – London
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for the oversight and review of all disciplines including civil, structural, architectural, electrical, mechanical, fire detection and suppression, utilities, controls, security & IT and commissioning. He/she will administer all construction contracts ensuring full compliance, including all commercial elements, relating to data centre new-builds or general capital projects. This will include the ownership of the project scope, timeline, and budget and activities during the bidding, evaluation, award, execution and project closeout phases.
Reporting to the Construction Director
- Management of professional teams including, but not limited, to architects, civil & structural engineers, MEPF consultants, cost consultants, landscape designers, security and ICT consultants, environmental and acoustic consultants.
- Health & Safety oversight
- Overseeing the management of the testing and commissioning process from FAT’s through to area handover certificates. Levels 2, 3, 4 and 5 of the commissioning process. (The actual testing and commissioning will be by a specialist company)
- Management of all planning applications, fire certificates, utilities, building control and all construction and handover permits
- Managing the technical equipment selection, manufacturing and installation works
- Managing the document controller and document control system
- Close liaison with the client throughout the project to include monthly reporting, meetings etc
- Construction project management and oversight of construction related activities
- Ownership of the project scope, timeline, and budget
- Direct interface with construction general contractors during the bidding, award, execution, and project close phases
- Working with general contractors and vendors to deliver efficient and high-quality project turnovers
- Leading negotiations with general contractors and evaluating bids/proposals with detail and accuracy
- Creating construction project scope and Request for Proposals (RFPs) • Capital requests/financial analysis of construction work including change orders, purchase orders, and invoicing
- Construction project management for specific initiatives aimed at increasing data centre resiliency
- Constructability reviews of electrical and mechanical designs associated with the construction of new data centres or the optimisation of existing data centres • Construction submittal review
- Construction project quality control including the creation commissioning plans and support of the commissioning process
- Recording and reporting key construction metrics to stakeholders
- Drive teams to perform troubleshooting and root-cause failure analysis associated with equipment or electrical failures
- Be a leader within the Design and Delivery group as well as within internal and external teams that support data centre operations
- Travel to sites for engineering evaluations, electrical systems audits, mechanical system reviews, start-up testing, and full commissioning
- Team Management Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven track record of managing large-scale construction or engineering projects, preferably in the international environment
- Understand fire and electrical engineering principles for data centres including low and medium voltage systems and electrical codes
- Understand mechanical engineering principles for data centre cooling systems
- 3rd party contractor/supplier management
- Good knowledge of construction programmes such as Microsoft Project.
- Good knowledge of building codes and regulations
- Good IT skills (MS Office, MS Project etc)
- Personable with excellent presentational, verbal and written communication skills.