Planning Manager - London Office
Our client is an established and respected general Civil engineering sub-contractor operating across Europe. Their European division undertakes large civil engineering packages on behalf of Tier-1 main contractors primarily involved in the construction of data centre and pharmaceutical schemes. Civils Packages undertaken include; Groundworks, Concrete / RC Frame, Superstructure, Builders works, Piling and External Works
Your job as a lead planner will require you to work on several projects during the pre-construction and tendering phases, including civil, utility, and infrastructure projects.
Deliverables for key roles:
- Close collaboration with the pre-construction team to develop effective work-program strategies for bid submissions, ensuring that all opportunities and risks are evaluated within the programme.
- Cooperation with both internal and external teams.
- Advising or helping a group of planners.
- Ensure that pre-contract and project teams have access to an efficient and qualified planning and programming solution, ensuring uniformity across all business units.
- Take the lead in programme meetings, whether they are internal or for clients, such as Tenders and Live Projects.
- Making sure that the programme material complies in a functional way with the planning guidelines
- Minimum requirements/experience include:
- A suitable degree in engineering or construction, or an equivalent.
- Operational experience, such as that of a site engineer or agent, along with considerable expertise providing planning services for medium- to large-scale projects in the UK
- Planning contracts experience
Both necessary and desired skills:
- Solid working understanding of Primavera P6, Asta, and MS Project, among other planning and scheduling applications.
- Effective communication abilities as well as business and financial acumen.
- A capable teammate.
- Comprehensive understanding of the design process, procurement procedures, and general construction.
- A range of methods for measuring performance, such as critical path/progress analysis.