MEP Commercial Manager - Data Centre - Slough & East London
Our client is a dynamic and established civil engineering & construction main contractor operating across the UK & Europe. This organisation is currently undertaking a number of new build data centre schemes across Europe. They provide a full turnkey solution and are constructing these data centres from the initial groundworks stage right the way through to the M&E installation, fit-out and handover.
We are looking for an MEP Commercial Manager who will manage all financial aspects of MEP packages during the pre-construction, design, and construction phases of a new data centre project, including the procurement process. working closely with the Project Director and Commercial Lead as well as the larger project team. You will play a significant role in the team's success as we expand our operations in the UK and across Europe's data centre market.
- To actively assume responsibility for all financial operations.
- To offer systems, manufacturers, and trade contractors for the team's evaluation.
- To assume the position of process leader, anticipate value, and enhance value recovery
- Create a preliminary project budget and a detailed cost estimate for the professional team to approve.
- Inform the client of the various procurement options.
- Create, maintain, and manage the tender timetable for the bid package.
- Specify products, offer advice, and help with value engineering tasks.
- Offer suggestions for choosing subcontractors.
- Order from and engage in subcontractor procurement.
- Before beginning, make sure contracts, bonds, warranties, guarantees, and insurance are in place.
- Administration and management of subcontracts.
- Take measurements and make adjustments.
- Prepare, oversee, and manage the risks and opportunities in the subcontract package.
- Coordinate the change management process with the larger team.
- To ensure that work performed by subcontractors is always completely allowed and instructed, keep an eye on the information flow to and from the client's design team.
- Attend meetings with the design team and subcontractors and, if necessary, serve as the meeting's chair.
- Maintain, oversee, and carry out the profit strategy.
- Give accounts the go-ahead to bill customers.
- Charge accounts with paying vendors and subcontractors.
- Prepare a "rolling" final account for the duration of the project and come to a PC agreement. Close the financial account and release the retentions after that.
- Create frequent budget and pricing updates, update the computerised cost control system, and generate the monthly cost and progress report for the directors in charge. This is known as final account reconciliation (CVR).
- Attend the recurring contract review meetings.
- After completion, provide trade contractors feedback.
- Manage the resolving of disputes.
- Prepare internal reports using interim CVRs, MCRs, and billing monitors.
- Develop & Apply Cash Strategy.
Must have :
- A recognised degree in a field connected to construction
- Strong familiarity with the local supplier chain and the FIDIC, JCT, and NEC contract types
- Excellent local regulatory, coding, and standard knowledge is desired.