A client that we work with is recruiting for an M&E Quantity Surveyor (electrically biased) to be located in Switzerland on a data centre project. The client is an established well known electrical contractor that operates projects within the UK and across a number of countries around the world. The desired candidate will come from either a data centre, pharmaceutical, heavy science or tech related sector.
The M&E Quantity Surveyor will provide cost management services for a wide range of projects and will be required to have a strong background in mechanical, electrical and process estimating, tender evaluations, onsite cost controls etc. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to optimise projects costs, implement value engineering, and ensure value for money whilst still achieving and delivering the highest standards and quality.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide commercial and contract support throughout the project
- Produce cost plans/estimates to provide client detailed budgets
- Ensure initial cost plans are sufficient to carry out the works
- Analyse tenders to ensure value for money and that the works have been procured at the best market rates
- Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- Close out commercial, change orders and contract issues
- Perform interim valuations to ensure subcontractor payments are correct and made in a timely manner
- Forecast and monitor cash flow/accruals to ensure a positive cash flow is maintained, liaising with the client’s financial team
- Assist in the reparation and agreement of final accounts, including the handling of any claims to ensure the client gets best value from works undertaken
- Produce cost analysis feedback/lessons learned to the client for future works
Desired Experience and Education:
- Experience in an MEP QS role with strong electrical knowledge
- Understanding of MEP Systems and ability to read services drawings and schematics.
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills (CostX experience advantageous)
- Qualification in surveying, engineering or trade experience in mechanical or electrical field.
- The ideal candidate will be results driven, self-motivated and resourceful with excellent client relationship skills
- Data centre project experience is preferred.
In return our client can offer a highly competitive package including;
- high basic salary
- Working on a rotation basis (5 weeks on / 1 week off)
- All flights to and from site
- Return Flights for visiting families
- Shared apartments
- Bonus system
- Car supplied
- + additional
''Applicants should be able to work with no visa restrictions'’.
Please respond with a Word formatted CV only