Our client is a specialist interior fit out and refurbishment contractor with a turnover of £40 million in the Commercial Sector, priding themselves on their ability to provide a truly unique, personalized service and one of the most reputable businesses within Construction.
Job Role:-Design Manager
Location: - Central London
Type: - Permanent
Salary: - Competitive
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the construction industry with specific understanding of the fit-out and refurbishment market.
- Proven track record of Design Development\Co-ordination deliveries
- Previous experience with either architectural practices or Main Contractor
- Able to work within a team and to pre-determined time scales.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work from either site or office as required.
- CAD capabilities would be an advantage.
- Understanding and previous experience of working in RIVET or other 3D modeling tools
- Commercial understanding and awareness
- The ability to multitask on different Projects at the same time.
- Good time management
- On receipt of tenders review the status of the design drawings, identifying any shortcomings and\or discrepancies.
- Assist pre-construction\estimating in identifying commercial opportunity advantages the business could use to enhance our bid.
- During the tender stage liaise with the client’s design team to gather information and establish relationships with the
- Review the design for potential VE opportunities that could be offered.
- Work with the attending team to develop and agree the design\information release programme and ensure adequate time scales are allocated in developing the design.
- Assist the estimating team with the design intent and review with the specialist contractors to agree the design requirements and associated costings.
- Prepare “Architectural Appreciation submission” for the tender submission, bespoke to each individual Project.
- Read and digest the Employers Requirements and Design Specifications to gain a full understanding of the Project deliverables and ensure tendering sub-contractors have fully understood and allowed for all aspects within their tendered returns.
- Attend the mid bid and post tender interviews with a view to contributing to the successful bid process.
- Work “hand in hand” with the pre-construction delivery team to prepare for the construction phase of all Projects.
- Review all construction issue drawings and identify any changes or variations from the “T” set of drawings.
- All Construction issued drawings checked for completeness and compliance with the specifications.
- Prepare a detailed and comprehensive IRS [Information required schedule] based on the Construction issued drawings.
- Prepare a drawing information release schedule and plot into the pre-construction\construction phase programme.
- Prepare, in conjunction with the client’s design team, a definitive schedule of samples required and issue key milestone dates for the submission and approval process, management of this process from start to finish.
- Identify, arrange, and manage all mock-ups\benchmarks required, liaise with the delivery team to prepare, and offer up all benchmarks and mock-ups.
- Assist with order placing to ensure all trades packages are fully compliant and in accordance with the ERs.
- Manage the flow of all design information, both up and down the supply chain, through the Procore document control system
- Review fire strategy and Building Control matters for compliancy.
- Arrange, manage, and chair all Design Team Meetings both sub-contractor and clients, produce and distribute minutes.
- Review works on site for both quality and compliance.
- During the design development and co-ordination phases review all opportunities to make commercial gains through build ability, alternative materials and\or revised contractors’ proposals.
- Ensure all contractors proposals are timely and fully followed through ensuring all parties are aware of proposals being made.
- Maintain all design information release and distribution in a timely manner.
- Work with the Technical Services Managers to ensure full co-ordination is managed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Work closely with the delivery team to maintain programme in respect of information and drawing requirements.
- Work closely with the client’s design team throughout the process to ensure compliance to the ERs and specification.
- Review, when required, issues raised by Building Control.
- Review and monitor, on site, progress and quality and liaise with the Contracts Manager on any issues found.
- Assist, where required, with the snagging process and record findings through the Procore Document control process.
- Review all as built drawings for accuracy and compliance
- Work with the delivery team in securing Building Control Sign off
- Be an integral part of the P\ Handover Process
Should you meet the above requirements please send your CV to email@example.com alternatively reach me on 07745525257