Qualified Accountant Construction - Sunderland
Our client is a high-growth, progressive market leader in the design, manufacture and construction of controlled environments. Specialises in cleanrooms, laboratories and pharmaceutical projects.
Looking for a Construction Qualified Accountant to join a multinational construction company. The position will offer the right candidate a varied role in the industry and report to the finance manager. The role will be based in Tyne and Wear county for a core five days with the option to work from home on the other two days once the probation period has ended.
- Preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and supporting schedules to deadlines
- Take ownership of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Lead & take ownership for delivery of functional projects as required.
- Providing relevant & timely financial information to management as required
- Monitor the control of accounts receivable and payables and deal with any queries arising.
- Preparation of annual statutory Financial Statements and the associated schedules and reconciliations required.
- Work with the business to ensure project costs & wage allocations are accurately recorded on a weekly and monthly basis. Streamline the distributing of the monthly project cost report.
- Manage cash flows position and perform IBB transactions when required.
- Prepare ROI & UK taxation and statutory returns.
- Assist with any upgrades to the current I.T. systems and move to a more paperless environment.
- Assist with cost management and ensure the necessary controls are in place for accounts payable (three-way match, ensuring requisitions meet the agreed approval matrix etc.)
- Provide support to junior team members.
- Involvement in ad hoc projects as required by the business.
- Carry out any further tasks for which your qualifications & experience are suited as directed by the Company.
Experience & Skills
- Strong technical accounting skills or experience in a similar role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritise individual workloads according to deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team effectively and confidentially.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Good understanding of accounting packages (experience of Sage or COINS advantageous but not essential)
- Understanding or experience of the requirements of supporting a statutory audit
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, or equivalent)
- 3-5+ PQE