Pre-Construction Manager - Southampton
Our Client is a well-known, industry-leading building services provider that provides complete electrical and mechanical design, installation, and maintenance services.
Design and construction projects worth between £1 million and £4 million were included in the work sectors.
Working in our busy Pre-Construction department, you will act as team leader to successfully complete the front end duties given to you. In addition to being in charge of the offsite portion of the works, you will also continue to be involved onsite while supporting the onsite delivery.
- Coordinate and execute the Design stage process in its entirety on a technical level, coordinating with designated internal or external contractors and ensuring adherence to the client's stipulated deadlines and timetables.
- Keep track of and professionally communicate any comments, updates, or technical modifications.
- For the Contracts Manager and Project Manager, create and fill up pre-con and construction stage programming.
- Produce and populate expert purchase plans connected to design data and pre-con products.
- Manage MEP design consultants and thoroughly examine all data.
- Produce sub-consultancy orders for MEP consultants and supervise the hired consultant
- Produce technical submissions and technical solution suggestions
- Verify the MEP drawings, approve the design, and be in charge of the design through installation on site.
- Create alternative, technically-validated equipment and installation techniques using value engineering (VE).
- Join the CAD Co-Ordinator and Technician in their work. Admin in general, contracts manager, and qs.
- Serve as the primary point of contact during the design and pre-construction phases and perform any pre-con activities as directed by the regional manager.
- Collaborate with the procurement manager to choose and technically qualify suppliers and subcontractors.
- Collaborate with procurement and estimation to choose KPI suppliers and subcontractors in the future.
- Show up on location as needed to perform any tasks as directed by management
- As directed and necessary, participate in all client meetings, pre-let meetings, project team meetings, and internal meetings.
- Perform tasks in accordance with standard Document Control. For instance, general project management and the collection of new document control measures.
The minimum prerequisite for this position is three years of experience in the same company in the same or a related role. It would be highly suggested that you interview any candidates who have worked in their current position for more than ten years. You will have a CSCS skills card, SMSTS certification, and appropriate industry experience when you are hired as the MEP project manager.
In return :
- Progression scheme
- Competitive salary
- Health care + life cover
- Car or car allowance + fuel card
- 25 days of holiday