Our client, a well-known large contractor in the construction industry, wishes to recruit a site based Health & Safety Advisor.
from applicants who are UK & EU Passport holders only
The ideal candidate will have
(NEBOSH) - National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
Experienced Applicants nearing qualification for will also be considered
Duties will include: -
- Reviewing pre-construction information to develop Construction Phase Health & Safety Plans
- Reviewing sub-contractors RAMS and providing approval prior to site start date
- Developing RAMS and lift plans for associated works
- Completing application process for street-works and liaising with statutory bodies on sequence of works
- Developing waste management plans and setting targets
- Carrying out safety tours, audits, and inspections with the subsequent writing of reports
- Carrying out accident investigations with the subsequent writing of reports. Reviewing safe systems of work based on findings to reduce the likelihood of reoccurrences
- Attending and chairing health & safety meetings monthly
- Attending pre-start meetings with sub-contractors, design teams and clients
- Giving advice and keeping all staff up to date with latest legislation and approved codes of practices
- Organising training and monitoring training matrix ensuring training cards remain valid
- Identifying training needs and developing training plan for staff
- Carrying out drug & alcohol testing, face fit and CAT & Genny training
- Promoting behavioural safety throughout the organisation
- Maintaining and developing integrated management system to meet standard requirements, which includes ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO45001 & Safe-T-Cert. Reviewing standards literature and tracking updates to keep in line with standard requirements
- Providing information for PQQ’s and liaising with Business & Bid Development Manager
throughout tendering process
- Keeping track of servicing & thorough examination for plant and lifting equipment
- Compiling information for health & safety handover file
- Completing inductions with new staff as and when required – providing detailed H&S information during inductions, including accident reporting procedures, fire & emergency arrangements & RAMS requirements.
- Communicating RAMS requirements following updates in documentation.
- Communicating toolbox talks every week to all site operatives, toolbox talk information varies weekly and information delivered is relevant to tasks being completed at that time.
- Awareness of hazards and required control measures to eliminate/mitigate risks.
Please submit your CV in WORD form