Health & Safety Advisor - Data Centre - Netherlands, Amsterdam
Our client is an established package contractor active on a number of projects across Mainland Europe.
This organisation is currently delivering sizeable sub-contract packages including, concrete flooring, roofing, external envelope & partitioning, ceilings and general Interior fit-out packages, primarily on large-scale data centre & pharmaceutical schemes
Due to continued growth and expansion our client is now seeking an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join the team based on a data centre project in Dublin, Ireland
Duties will include:
- Ensure all weekly/monthly documentation returns are completed and accurate. Address any shortcomings with the project team and implement improvement plans where required in agreement with the SLT.
- Prepare concise and accurate monthly board reports, tracking performance and proposing time related action plans and forward look of interventions and improvements.
- Provide the impartial project reviews and propose mitigation to areas of risk and agree with the team.
- Facilitate and provide training as appropriate and required to develop the teams and ensure we have the required and qualified management and workforce to suit the operations.
- Ensure company health, safety, quality and environmental standards and procedures are fully implemented across the relevant project.
- Provide timely and appropriate recommendations to the wider business and advise the Directors responsible for each project, of arrangements and strategy for HSQE management.
- Chair monthly HSQE meetings; provide minutes and progress actions as necessary.
- Provide innovative HSQE solutions and communications and methods of communication, particularly lessons learnt and Health and Safety schemes.
- Investigate all accidents / incidents and near misses and provide timely recommendations to prevent further occurrence. Communicate outcomes and improvements and lessons learned to the relevant project.
- Produce monthly reports on company performance in terms of accident, incident statistics, compliance with Safety Management System and Policy etc. undertake associated statistical analysis of hours/accident data/trends etc and note good practices observed, awards and recognition along with the look ahead plan for next month and positive safety interventions.
- Ensure that an appropriate level of audits/inspections of workplaces and practices is carried out in accordance with the risk profile and a monitored programme.
- Ensure records are maintained of internal and Enforcing Authority visits to sites and of external & Client audit reports and reporting details of these visits and reports to the Safety Department
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience coaching and working within a larger team.
- Qualified to NVQ/NEBOSH certificate and Construction NEBOSH certificate or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation
- In return our client can offer a competitive basic salary,
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- 10-4 rotation
- fully expensed travel, housing & Bonus +++