BIM Manager – , Main Contractor, hospital construction, Buckinghamshire
Our client is a specialist international contractor undertaking hospital and healthcare new build schemes across The Middle East, Asia and Africa
This organisation has been operating for over 50 years and is one the leading global hospital specialists
Following a period of successful tendering our client has been appointed as the main contractor for the construction of three new hospitals in Oman
Our client is now seeking a BIM Manager to join the team, based from their head office in Buckinghamshire, to assist in the construction of these projects
Purpose of the Role:
The role holder will oversee the Project Wide BIM delivery (across disciplines) and seek input from the BIM coordinators who look after BIM models of individual disciplines which involves working closely with external parties. The role holder will be responsible for the Architectural and Engineering models and ensuring that they are exchanged on a fortnightly basis for co-ordination with key stakeholders. The data/model exchange, clash detection and workflow processes are required to be recorded in an auditable manner and/or monitored for compliance against the BEP. To be successful in this role the role holder will need to ensure the maximum benefits of data exchange (e.g. early clash detection, up-to-date information flow etc).
- Support the implementation of the Project BIM protocol.
- Liaise with and co-operate with Project Team Members in support of a collaborative working culture.
- Co-ordinate the whole design and modelling process by managing designers and lead with the clients engineer
- Manage three federated 3D models, one for each hospital; Structural, MEP and Architectural.
- Define and agree procedures for convening, chairing, attendance and responsibility for recording “information exchange process meetings”.
- Attend project and design team meetings as required.
- Co-ordinate and assess the 3D models for clashes by the design team and document effectively.
- Establish a Common Data Environment (BIM 360) including processes and procedures to enable reliable information exchange between Project Team Members, the Employer and other parties.
- Establish, agree and implement the information structure for the Information Model.
- Receive Information Model data from each BIM co-ordinator and validate compliance against BEP and advise on non-compliance.
- Agree and implement record keeping, archiving and audit trail for Information Model
- Carrying out Clash detection and Produce Clash reports.
- Report BIM Model progress to Client on a fortnightly basis.
- Manage weekly Clash Detection Reports
- Manage fortnightly BIM Model Progress Reports
- Initiate, agree and implement the Project Information Plan and Asset Information Plan
- Monitor day to day design aspects of the project/works section.
- Work closely with site team to ensure that models are current and correct for use on site.
- Uncompromising approach to ensure safety standards and targets are met and maintained.
- Promote a working environment that allows all team members to work to the best of their abilities.
- Utilise design resources effectively.
Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to all company and departmental policy and procedure.
- Comply with statutory and company health and safety policies.
- Attend weekly/monthly departmental meetings as required.
- Ensure annual appraisals, job chats and job reviews are completed in line with company policy.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Ensure regular and appropriate communication with other departments to maintain a courteous and professional relationship.
- Attend work punctually.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks allocated by the Senior Management.
- Expert in Revit
- Design Management.
- Design Reporting and report writing.
- Managing healthcare design projects.
- Awareness/able to use P6 and Asta Power Projects.
- Awareness/able to use Aconex.
- Ability to deliver results on time, to a high quality and on budget.
- Able to quickly gain technical, behavioural and contextual elements of the project.
- Major construction health experience.
- Collaborative approach to team working
- Personal drive for achievement
- Professional work ethic
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
- Effective time management
- Able to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Available to travel overseas as and when required (occasional rather than regular)
This job description covers the main objectives, responsibilities and authorities of this position at present. Where necessary, changes may be made from time to time involving like or integrated work.
Immediate start available. Please email your CV’s in the first instance