Established for 35 years, we employ 35+ people in the UK including our own installation teams – A Leading Name In Bespoke Wine Cellar Construction Projects, With A Turnover C£10m
The domestic cellaring market comprises of high-net-worth private clients and trade clients such as developers, architects and interior designers. Our projects are all residential sites of luxury housing, either new builds, extensions or refurbishment projects.
We are currently seeking a candidate to fill a new role – a Sales Project Manager that can wear three hats, those being Sales, Project Management, and some Operations. The role will cover two key areas:
- The care of projects from point of order to the point at which they are ready for installation. This involves supporting the client or their contracting team with guidance on what they need to do to prepare for the cellar installation, answering technical queries, obtaining Structural Calculations and get to the point that the site is ready for the cellar installation. Then the project is handed over to our Site Project Managers to confirm an installation date and manage the installation process.
- To learn the field sales role and to be a support and back up for the Head of Sales, and eventually progress to take on the majority of field sales visits to customers.
This role is not suitable for a typical salesperson or a typical project manager. It requires someone who has a strong technical construction background so that they fully understand how homes are built and building practices on site. It also requires a person who has great interpersonal and communication skills and is able to ‘sell’ without actually ‘selling’, getting on as easily with a building contractor as a high-net-worth homeowner. Our style of selling is more about informing our potential customers of how easily the cellar can fit into their home, satisfying any concerns, rather than baffling them with technical detail.
- Must be a graduate (HNC or above) of a construction or practical related degree
- We are looking for a candidate who is practical and can think outside of the box to solve problems.
- A hard worker with a friendly, easy going nature, who is able to build a rapport with customers, site staff and the internal team.
- The confidence to manage people and tackle problems as and when they arise, remaining calm and professional at all times
- Keen attention to detail and able to work with construction drawings
- Great with numbers – you’ll need to be able to compute pricing on the spot in front of a customer
- Commercially minded – self-motivated and seeks personal satisfaction in hitting sales targets
- Meticulous communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise
- Immaculately presented
- Desire to join a company with a progressive career path.
- MUST have excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to use a Personal Computer with the following software types: excel skills, Word-processing, report generation, Spreadsheets and Database.
- Driving license: driving is a fundamental part of the role. Please do not apply unless you have a full valid driver’s licence and are willing to undertake distances to and from site, and between sites.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK