Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Circa £65k
My client specialises in designing, producing and installing exceptional luxury interiors for retail, commercial and development projects. They have close to 30 years’ experience of installing bespoke interiors for retail outlets of luxury brands.
They also offer a new build construction service. They deliver projects from individual residences to multiple unit apartment blocks.
The need now exists for a Company Health & Safety Manager.
The Health & Safety Manager is in charge of the health and safety side of the business; he/she supervises and coordinates work systems to ensure that the products or services of the company meet the highest quality standards and that the Welfare and working conditions of the company are favourable and safe.
Day to Day operations
To lead, develop and maintain Factory and Sites Health & Safety management programmes and systems in written format and recording and through face to face contact, communication and team briefing as well as to support line management in delivering Site Health & Safety objectives.
- Determines the strategic direction and work priorities (in conjunction with line management) for the continuous improvement of the Factory and Site Health & Safety management programme and systems.
- Advises line management and assists with the implementation of new or existing Health & Safety related legislation, rules and Company standards to include fire prevention, health and safety awareness training, site inspections of Company and contractor’s sites.
- To complete prevention inspections and internal audits of the IMS systems on a regular basis and ensure records maintained of same.
- To investigate accidents/incidents, liaise with interested parties and ensure all documentation is updated.
- To develop a monthly Health & Safety Communication Strategy for all sites and levels of staff; to include written information, tool box talks and management briefs.
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations and ability to prepare and implement H&S Construction Phase Plans Full responsibility for Company preparations for periodic audits for Considerate Constructor
- Liaison with HR Department for initiating and coordinating training plan and updating information for personnel and audit requirements
- To assist in retaining all current quality accreditations and work towards the attainment of new quality accreditations
- Advises line management in Factories, Office and on Site on health, safety, matters, and manages this process to ensure all advice is incorporated into day to day processes and operations
- Provides support and expertise to line management in incident investigation and reporting (including dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases)
- Facilitates all forms of risk assessment e.g. general, manual handling, COSHH, fire prevention and acts as a final authority where a specialist response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others.
- Conducts occupational health and safety related surveys e.g. noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes associated recommendations
- Produces and coordinates the annual Health & Safety action plan and longer term Health & Safety road map, prepares reports for monthly update of same to Group Services Meetings
- Monitors the Site “permit-to-work” system to ensure compliance with Company standards Acts as Site “Dangerous Goods” Safety Advisor (DGSA)
- Assists with PQQ & tender/submission documentation Acts as ‘Appointed Person’ for lifting plans