Sector: Civil Engineering | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Negotiable
Title: Project Manager-RC Frame-Milton Keynes
I am currently recruiting for a Project Manager with experience in Reinforced Concrete Frame and Groundwork packages to work on a project based in Milton Keynes.
The RC Frame and Groundwork package has been estimated to cost around £20 million and is starting on site in the next month on a large high-rise residential scheme working as the specialist subcontractor under a well-known developer. This position offers stability and an excellent opportunity to progresswith one of the leading RC Frame Contractors. The business is a well-known name in the market and current turnover is around £150 million per annum. There is scope for progression with the client as well.
About the role: Project Managers are required to lead an entire site team responsible for health and safety, resources allocation, team management, planning and monitoring progress of projects, budget management, procurement of materials and technical queries.
Main duties include accountability for the following:
- Project Delivery
- Manage the day-to-day working, from ensuring the correct material turns up before a job, to explaining the work ethics and activities to colleagues
- Managing the site engineers, foremen, labour and plant
- Communication and information flow with the contracts manager and the client
- Implementing the company health & safety management systems and procedures and quality assurance procedures
- Report progress on projects, maintain and update project reporting, checkpoints and financial reporting to a high standard
- Co-ordinate required support levels and training
- Preparing the site and liaising with other construction professionals such as engineers, buyers, estimators and surveyors before construction work starts
- Developing the programme of work and strategy for the project, planning ahead to prevent problems on site before they occur
- Using construction management software packages to plan smooth work flows
- Communicating with a range of people including the client, subcontractors, suppliers, the public and the workforce
About the requirements:
Successful applicants need to demonstrate: Degree qualification in civil engineering Knowledge of groundworks and RC frame building practices, methods and techniques Proven track record from similar sector-specific organisations Excellent communication skills Ability to work as part of a team yet willing to work independently Very good commercial awareness. Forward planner/thinker with exceptional people skills and the ability to present ideas and negotiate Good problem-solving skills IT skills - these are increasingly important for managers working on site and in the office, so building up skills in this area is vital About the benefits and rewards:
This client pay well and they are open to considering individuals on a PAYE basis or on a self-employed payment basis.