Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: £50K + Package
Senior Estimator – Large Dry Lining Sub Contractor – Dry Lining, Ceilings and Fit Out Projects
- My client is the leading specialist dry wall, partitioning and ceiling contractor that specialises in major interior fit out projects in healthcare, aviation, and high spec residential.
- My client has won numerous awards for the quality of their projects and their delivery in their finite attention to detail which is imperative for interior fit out.
- My client is not only the leadings specialist sub-contractor of partitions, they also offer a great work environment and team atmosphere. My client has high staff retention rate with well over a third of the employees having worked for the company for ten years or more.
- My client actively encourages career development and promotion from within and prides itself on their award winning training programmes.
- Due to a recent restructure my client now requires a Senior Estimator to join their work winning team
- To process and present selected incoming enquiries, co-ordinate, prepare and ensure tender submissions are evaluated and submitted in accordance with the clients requirements and time scale.
- Ensure the business development strategy is implemented as agreed.
- Ensure the pre-construction process is adhered to.
- Support client engagement during the bid process
- Engage manufacturers and suppliers
- Assess the risk associated with key bids including HSE, scope, logistics, attendances, financial etc.
- Assist with developing the key bid deliverables including clarifications, design requirements, preliminary assessment.
- Fully understand the client scope of works and ensure that the estimators understand how this may impact on the estimate.
- Present financial overviews of bids allowing assessment of value engineering proposals and commercial amendments.
- Appropriate experience in estimating or surveying, working within similar industry
- Ability to work on a number of tenders as required at any one time
- Fanatical attention to detail
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to liaise with planning, buying and construction departments throughout the group
- Ability to set clear goals, targets and monitor progress
- Ability to clearly identify key tender risks and opportunities and plan their management
- Relevant experience in a similar role within the industry
- Enjoys working with people from different professional and trade backgrounds
- Technical knowledge of partitioning, dry lining and ceiling systems
Remuneration and Benefits:
- The successful candidate can expect a salary between £50 -60K (depending on experience) + company car or car allowance worth £5K
- 26 days’ holiday per year, plus your birthday as an additional day of annual leave
- Competitive pension scheme with up to 6% contributions
- Annual Bonuses and individual team incentives
- Added to the financial remuneration, this role promises a promotion for the right candidate within a maximum of 12 months from start, due to an upcoming promotion and restructure
- My client also provides a true team and inclusive working culture