Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Excellent salary and package on offer
Senior Estimator - High-end contractor - Surrey
· My client has been established for over 30 years and is a privately owned, family run main contractor based in The City of London.
· My client undertakes projects in education, healthcare, housing, community and public works. My client predominantly undertakes projects with local authorities and housing associations. With an annual turnover of £40M, my client has grown steadily throughout their history.
· Whilst growth is important to my client, they pride their business on their family based morals and close knit workforce and they put the welfare and happiness of their employees first to ensure they work effectively and productively.
· My client has a high staff retention and are one of the only contractors who made no redundancies during the recession. Due to an upcoming retirement, my client is now searching for a Senior Estimator to join their Pre-Construction team in The City of London.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of quoted works process in order to maximise revenue and operating profit
- Estimate the costs of projects in order to meet or exceed the client’s requirements
- Determine contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and to find opportunities to minimise risk and maximise gross profit
- Development of margin bridges where necessary
- Support the fulfilment of the programme of works safely, on time and to the required quality while maximising the gross profit and client’s satisfaction
- Excellent knowledge of pricing of direct labour including TUPE, Pensions, outputs, efficiency, etc.
- Ability to find ‘the edge’ within a bid
- Working with all operational and support functions in establishing the net price for a bid
- Obtain the best market quotations to substantiate the prime cost
- Deliver accurate prime cost submissions at the adjudication meeting in a professional and logical manner.
- Liaising with clients and suppliers to ensure projects are efficiently costed and managed through the pricing and tendering process - generating quotations, PQQ's and tender submissions for minor and/or major works of values £3M - £20M per annum.
- Work closely with and supporting project, commercial and operational managers on a daily basis through accompanied and unaccompanied site surveys and meetings with clients, project managers and directors as necessary
- Attend tender settlement meetings and present net tender and commercial analysis.
- Undertake project debrief and contract handover review meetings.
- Benchmarking of key operational ratios and material costs
· Senior Estimators will come from a Main Contracting background and be able to demonstrate loyalty to previous employers, with a minimum of five years with one company.
· Senior Estimators must be able to price projects up to £10M and have a background in working on education, social housing. Hospitals, and public sector new builds.
· Senior Estimators must be a competent user of Command estimating software and be an expert on excel
· In addition to the above Senior Estimators must have a strong commercial acumen, with a natural ability to spot risk and opportunity on projects
Senior Estimator - High-spec main contractor - Surrey