Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Excellent salary and full package on offer
Estimators - groundworks/structures - SW London
My client is a leading structural refurbishment contractor based out of Clapham, turning over £90m+. They specialise in structures, heavy cut and carve jobs, basements/groundworks across the prime residential, commercial, education and healthcare sectors. Due to steady growth, i am looking for a number of estimators to join the team and drive the company forward. Will consider intermediate and senior level candidates, ideally from a groundworks/structures and fit-out sector backgrounds.
• Manage all aspects of quoted works process in order to maximise revenue and operating profit
• Estimate the costs of projects in order to meet or exceed the client’s requirements
• Determine contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and to find opportunities to minimise risk and maximise gross profit
• Development of margin bridges where necessary
• Support the fulfilment of the programme of works safely, on time and to the required quality while maximising the gross profit and client’s satisfaction
• Excellent knowledge of pricing of direct labour including TUPE, Pensions, outputs, efficiency, etc
• Ability to find ‘the edge’ within a bid
• Working with all operational and support functions in establishing the net price for a bid
• Obtain the best market quotations to substantiate the prime cost
• Deliver accurate prime cost submissions at the adjudication meeting in a professional and logical manner.
• Liaising with clients and suppliers to ensure projects are efficiently costed and managed through the pricing and tendering process - generating quotations, PQQ's and tender submissions for minor and/or major works of values £3M - £20M per annum
• Work closely with and supporting project, commercial and operational managers on a daily basis through accompanied and unaccompanied site surveys and meetings with clients, project managers and directors as necessary
• Attend tender settlement meetings and present net tender and commercial analysis.
• Undertake project debrief and contract handover review meetings.
• Benchmarking of key operational ratios and material costs
An excellent salary and package ois on offer for the right candidate. This is a permanent position, with an immediate start. Please reply with an updated CV in the first instance