Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: £65K + Package
Estimator – Top Main Contractor – East Sussex
My client is a privately owned main contractor with an annual turnover of £350M. Operating within new build, refurbishment and maintenance my client operates within the residential, commercial, education and healthcare sectors.
Due to an increase in work load, the need now exists for my client to grow their work winning team and they are now seeking an Estimator to join the preconstruction division in their head office in East Sussex.
- Understand the factors affecting the bid process and factor into bid development as necessary.
- Liaise with contract team on Sub Contractor selection, use and develop existing relationships.
- To oversee/ produce multiple key target bids to assess risk, opportunity and quality of the detailed aspects of the submission.
- Risk review sub-contractor selection against job complexity and sub-contractor capacity.
- Complete take offs and issue bill of quantities to the sub-contractors.
- Input all pricing information into the tender - generate prelim costs, package costs and lump sum amount for the job, using first principals estimating
- Organise and attend the adjudication meeting (agree final price, team size, prelim budget etc.).
- Input final tender price into tender document and send back to client.
- Support the entire bid process and ensure a robust had over to the commercial team upon winning projects
- To support the Estimating Manager/ Business Development on technical aspects of key bids.
- To allow business development to focus on client and value rather than detail of target bids.
- To support and develop other team members.
- Reduce scope gaps and identify opportunities through fanatical attention to detail.
- To help implement and embed the pre-construction and departmental processes.
- Estimators must have a background in main contracting, with experience in tendering new build construction projects in residential, healthcare and education.
- Estimators must be able to price using analytical first principals with labour plant and material.
- You must be able to read detailed construction drawings to do material take off and send out BoQ to sub-contractors.
- You will ideally have used Conquest and COINS and be a comprehensive user of excel
- Estimators must have a minimum of five years’ experience working within an Estimating Function within UK Construction