Sector: Civil Engineering | Job Type: Permanent | Salary:
A Quantity Surveyor role has been made available for a busy groundworks sub contractor in Berkshire with an immediate starting date.
Groundwork project experience is essential for this position.
· Have a successful track record in managing all costs relating to building and/or civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures.
· Be able to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
· Have considerable early commercial input to develop our proposals through to submission.
· Be a critical part of the commercial team in the office, developing and ultimately delivering prices for the projects through the pre-construction phase.
· Overall financial, contractual and legal contract of their projects.
· Close liaison with Surveying Manager
· Knowledge & understanding of our obligations under the Contract.
· Maximise Value Recovery and cash.
· Administer Contract Records.
· Measurement and valuation.
· Production and agreement of Final Accounts.
· Obtain tax and insurance details on subcontractors.
· Ensuring that the terms and conditions of subcontractor’s orders are agreed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· BSc in Quantity Surveying
· Background Groundworks experience with similar sub-contractors
· Five plus years’ experience in Quantity Surveying
· Excellent negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Good oral and written communication skills