Sector: Civil Engineering | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: £50k+
Belfast, Ireland – Perm
My client is a diverse group, whose objectives are innovation and international expansion in all its areas: construction, infrastructure concessions, services and industrial construction. They operate in more than twenty countries across the five continents, working through our subsidiaries.
Due to an upturn in work in Northern Ireland they are now after a strong P6 planner ideally from a Civils/Highways & Roads back ground and with experience using Primavera P6 software.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Manage and control programme information
- Assess the effects of client changes to the contract programme and advice the management if any delay notices/Early warnings are to be raised for extension of time on the project.
- Conduct programme audits as required by senior management and submit independent report.
- Identify and allocate of resources and monitoring of budget and cost
- Accountable for implementing and promoting strong programme governance throughout the delivery of the project
- Assist the Control Manager with the financial progress and performance reporting and management of works programme
- Explore requirements of client and incorporate the same as best possible to have a competitive edge
- Understand the constraints, logistics, and any site specific requirements and clear all doubts that may rise from reading the tender documents/drawings.
- Preparation of programme and method information for inclusion in submission document as per the tender deliverables requirement. Develop and maintain the contractors plan in accordance to the contract
- Ensuring the effective and efficient maintenance of the programme
- Communicate programme performance, time and outcomes in a timely way with stakeholders and the Project Managers and generate and realise teams
- Develop the tender programme into a fully integrated Design, procurement and project programme in co-ordination with the site management team.
- Attend tender handover meeting, discuss about the methodology and programme strategy and describe potential target that can be achieved, any ideas for improvement on time and cost etc.
- Develop short term programmes as per the requirements of the team to assist in managing micro elements of the project.
Must hold minimum of HNC/HND
Proficient in Primavera P6 and Microsoft Excel